If you have forgotten your Samsung Galaxy S5 Password and you don’t remember what you used, learn using this simple guide How to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 using your phone keys.
There are two methods you can use to reset your phone,the first method is reset your Samsung galaxy s5 phone using device Menu.The second method is resetting your phone using power button,home button and volume up button.
If you want to learn how to reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 using the settings menu,you can click on the link above to see our various post on which we covered the process.
HOW TO HARD RESET SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 USING HARDWARE KEYS
- Turn off your device if your phone is on.
- Press and hold the home button,power button and volume up button all together.
- Once you see the logo appear,let off the power button and continue pressing the home button and volume up button until you see the boot menu screen appear.
- On the boot menu screen that appears,you will see different options:reboot system,apply update from ADB,apply update from external storage,wipe data/factory reset,wipe cache partition,apply update from cache.
- Using the down volume key,move down to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button on the side to select the option.
- A new window will appear where you will see “delete all user data”. Use the volume down key to arrive at the option and use power button to select.
- Once you press the power button,you will see a message,successfully applied and your phone will start wiping data and formatting.
- After it completes,press on the power button to reboot the system.
Your phone data will all have been reset once your phone reboots.You will see your device as you had first purchased it from the retail shop.
Thank you for reading this if you find it useful,you can share it with friends using the share button below.